04-10-2013, 11:43 AM   #28
SE3P_to_E90
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 Msport + E83 Msport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cycleram View Post
I just purchased a 2004 x3 in January with 90,000 miles. I had the dealer replace a master window switch, thermostat, a leaky oil filter gasket, the cooling system reservoir and change the transfer case lube. All in all, I love this car. Look for a late 2004 or later as the early ones aren't set up for cell phone or satellite radio. Mine is one of the first ones so no fm input to the radio either.
glad you love your e83. ended up picking up an e83 msport, and all is good. I have the extended warranty on it, so i have a couple of things I want to get checked out before the warranty runs out this year.

1- driver's window - not sure if the seal is off, but i get pretty noticeable wind noise (leaking noise) after 80mph.

2- not sure if it's due to the sport suspension, but the panoramic sunroof rattles on bumps - sounds like the mounts or something's off... it's a pretty loud rattle over bumps, etc.

other than that, gotta love the x3... the n52 motor is silky smooth, and it's a bit beefier than the n52 on my e90.
Appreciate 0