View Single Post
      10-23-2011, 09:44 PM   #15
caz681
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2011 X3 Xdrive35i

The first model-year of a complete re-design is most likely going to have more issues than other years. German cars are likely to have more issues (on average) than Japanese cars. (Bugatti doesn't build many Veyrons. You think those things are trouble-free?) In the ideal world, the more you pay for a car, the fewer problems you'll have. In the real world, this is often not the case.

Nonetheless, after decades of buying reliable Japanese cars, I wouldn't trade my Audi A4 or BMW X3 for any of them. I have seen the light. The Germans know how to make exciting cars, model-after-model, year-after-year. Some more exciting than others? Sure, but the Japanese struggle to make a vehicle which doesn't bore me to death. (There are some...just not many.)

I may be fortunate in that the only problem I've had with m X3 is the occasional RPM surging at startup (and I expect they'll come out with a fix for that soon). Regardless, I'm prepared to have more problems than I've had with Japanese cars. I'm also constantly having more fun.
Appreciate 0