10-21-2011, 12:06 AM   #13
TreeSkier
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 X5 45e

Quote:
Originally Posted by juddholland View Post

Start the car and press the DSC button once: DSC remains active in its most restrictive state. DTC is activated, which allows for more active and dynamic power application and, in that way, greater traction on loose surfaces in certain low speed conditions (getting stuck in snow, ice, mud, etc.) where moderate wheelspin is needed. Driving stability is somewhat limited at higher speeds.
This is what I was referring to when I say "Traction Control (DTC)". I know you recommended leave it on, but I'm still wondering if it makes sense to leave DTC on when going down steep snowy/dirt/gravel/muddy road where you might need more stability control than traction as it's downhill, unless it helps with braking traction which probably isn' the case. I was turning DTC on only for uphill in the snow and switching back to normal, DSC mode, when going downhill or faster on flatter sections. I really didn't like having to switch modes though and would prefer to leave DTC in snow and/or dirt even at higher speeds.
Appreciate 0