Chalky White
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2006 e90, 325i

Garage List
2006 325i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by noka View Post
What did they fix, your vehicle or a the "general" problem? Did they give any indication that they might have some quality problem they need to investigate? When did you take delivery? I'm starting to have a bad feeling about it with mine in the middle of production .
I took delivery in January 2012. They sent someone from the factory to look at it with special devices. Then they flat-bedded my car to a special body shop north of Atlanta that only deals with high-end cars (my car looked like a clunker compared to the Lambos and Ferraris on their lot). The shop repainted every panel that had a problem and they did a great job.

The guy from the factory seemed genuinely shocked at all the issues, but having read this post and other paint-related posts on this forum, I really think BMW's paint sucks.

But, before I picked up my new X3 at the PCD, I went over it with a flashlight and magnifying glass and the paint is flawless (except for some slight orange peel to it). So, you should be ok, Noka.

2006 325i, Sparkling, Grey, Xenons, Premium, Heated, Comfort (SOLD)

Last edited by Chalky White; 12-28-2012 at 11:07 AM..
Appreciate 0