View Single Post
      05-07-2013, 09:48 AM   #1
JLed79
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Fast, very very fast...

Goodyear POS Eagles

I'm going to rant for a second. I'm wondering if I'm alone in this sinking boat or if anyone else is going down with me here.
Long story as short as possible.
Picked up '13 X3 28i in May last year. Came with the eagle ls2 tires. Drove on them till november when I put on winter rim/ tire set. Put the OEMs back on a couple weeks ago. One of the tires has a golf ball sixed bulge in the sidewall. Did not purchase the wheel/ tire warranty when we got the car because it was not offered. The tires are covered by goodyears warranty because they are less than a year old. The problem is that BMWNA has mandated that stealerships not get involved with tire warranties and that we as customers must deal with tire manufacturers ourselves. I called BMWNA and this is what I was told. Fine, whatever. Bigger problem is that now because these tires are crap, they are being replaced all over the country and are on a national backorder. The soonest they can get me one will be in July. I am not driving the car now because it is unsafe to drive. Good year was going to replace all four tires with the dunlop sports, but they are also on back order. My ONLY recourse is to take the car to the stealership and purchase new tires from them (they have Pirelli's in stock) and then goodyear will reimburse me.
What the shit?! This is a brand new vehicle that I payed over 50k for. BMW is supposed to be all about customer service and they won't even deal with this at all. When I first noticed the bulge I called the dealership and they said to bring it in and they will look at it and see what's up. I did and they said ya, it has a bulge. No shit. Then they called me and said they are not allowed to deal with tire manufacturers and they wouldn't even call them to verify that the tire was shot. BMW is an authorized Goodyear dealer because they put those tires on their cars. This could have been fixed immediately if BMW was willing to play ball. All they have to do is inspect the tire, off of the rim, and call Goodyear and get approval to replace the tires and they will get reimbursed, but they won't even do that! Seriously, I love BMWs, but this has me seriously put off. This is my wifes car and were seriously thinking of getting rid of it and maybe getting a Merc instead.
Sorry for the long rant. Anyone else have anything like this happen to them?
Appreciate 0