02-02-2017, 11:21 AM   #25
PerryGunn
Idiot-in-chief
Rep
Drives: around: in: circles:

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by gullyg View Post
But if it were possible, the best option imho would be to get both systems side by side. Unfortunately the nature of these things means this isn't always possible as dealers couldn't afford the cost of speccing every option let along multiple vehicles to give the details.
We have just done something very similar, not side-by-side but sequentially - due to an administrative cock-up we had the dealer's demo 30d with adaptive Xenons on loan for the best part of two weeks over Christmas and New Year until our new 30d with adaptive LEDs was ready.

We had originally spec'd the adaptive Xenon Lighting Package but changed them to the full adaptive LED system just before build lockdown. Additional cost (with discounts) for the change was approx. £400

Having driven with both lighting systems during some of the darkest/murkiest days of the year, I can say that, IMO, the adaptive LEDs are superior to the adaptive Xenons, whiter, brighter light, better light distribution, beam splitting - whether it's £400 better is a subjective matter and YMMV but, for me at least, I think it was worth the extra