View Single Post
      02-10-2012, 07:47 PM   #1
Falconx3
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2012 X3 28i

2000 km review 28ixdrive

For what it's worth:

After 2000k, I still look for any excuse to drive somewhere. No rattles, squeaks or issues. This is an amazingly solid vehicle. I find past reviews understate the fabulous ride, quiet interior and overall build quality. The chassis is tight, and grip outstanding in bad weather. Mileage is bang on above average. The non turbo 3.0l cranks out plenty of smooth and adequate grunt to blow past most others. Control functionality is excellent. And no one to my knowledge has mention the ample rear leg room for this class. And you'd think the wipers read your mind when in intermittent mode. Very clever. Idrive is awesome. And the heated seats heat both the buttocks AND the lumbar (my Merc only does the cheeks).

Just a few nit picks - minor observations, and not whining.

-rears door don't open as wide as the front or as much as I think the should. Takes getting used to. If you don't have kids, disregard.

- no read out display indicator to show the heated steering is on. Yes you can tell, but a variable 3 step temp setting would be nice.

- seating memory lights are not illuminated. Tough at night. And memory function does not adjust mirrors- I think.

- no dash indicator to show rear wiper is engaged.

And finally, my only regret:

- the tail lights for the non xenon version only partially illuminate, that is only the outer portion, even for the brake lights. So unfortunate the unlit tapered portion of the lights on the rear hatch don't illuminate. This makes the rear heat signature awfully mundane for those behind and detracts from visibility to the guy driving on your ass. Wish I had of known in advance. Definitely shell out for the xenons- possibly only available on the 35i? Anyways, even a base, Sportage, Passat or a xc60 have LED tail lights that give a distinctive heat signature in the black. Bummer I missed this.

If any potential tire kickers are researching- this is definitely the best mid-range "SAV/SUV". No hesitation. I've tried or have exposure to the competition and the x3 blows them out of the water in all respects.

Thank you to all posters who have contributed worthy information about the X3 and thank you for reading this post.
Appreciate 0