View Single Post
      04-23-2013, 09:25 AM   #1
simsima325
Rep
Drives: 325Ci

2007+ 6spd Auto Transmission Software Update? Worth it?

2007 X3 3.0si, the transmission in D is very sluggish off the line. I have read that this is a common issue, and that and update to newer software might improve the smoothness of the 1-2-3 shifts, and gentle starts in Drive.

I find that if I push the car a little harder off the line, in Drive or in Sport, that it operates smoothly, but clearly this is not a desirable solution... Just want it to behave more smoothly under normal conditions.

I also find that slowing into a 90 degree turn is very jerky.

Has anyone updated to newer trans (and DME) software through the dealer or an indy shop, and actually seen an improvement in low speed performance?

Apparently there was a TSB for this, a while back, but this is old information, and car is clearly out of warranty now (but only 54k miles )

Quote:
"This Service Information bulletin supersedes SI B24 08 07 dated May 2007.

SUBJECT
GM6 - Various Transmission and Driveability Complaints MODEL
E83 (X3) with 6L45R (GM6) automatic transmission produced from 8/2006 up to 10/2007

SITUATION
The customer may complain of transmission shift quality or driveability issues, as described in the situations below:

1. There is a delay in throttle response through the 1-2 upshift when accelerating from a stop.
2. There is a lack of power or hesitation when reapplying throttle, during either a 4-3 or 3-2 tip-in downshift. This may occur after slowing with a closed throttle.
3. Harsh downshifts when slowing on a roadway with a rising gradient (EGS is in a hill program).

CAUSES
EGS software calibration DME software calibration

CORRECTION
In the event of a customer complaint, reprogram the EGS using only Progman V27.02.00 or higher. The latest X3 EGS software may be identified as: 0489RZ0RS450 R0FN10 using the following diagnosis path:

Control-module functions / EGS transmission control Diagnosis requests / Status, data reference

It is important that the DME is also at the latest software level. Refer to SI B12 17 07 for more information concerning the DME software identification and improvements.
Thanks for any input.
Appreciate 0