View Single Post
      10-01-2015, 03:41 AM   #40
Portimao318
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW 318i Touring MSport

Quote:
Originally Posted by gIzzE View Post
Not saying the sales figures, just the fact you said Jag is not popular in Europe, in many parts of Europe it has shaken its old image off and is starting to become more desirable.

Many of the reviews have put the XF ahead of the 5 series for dynamics, same with the XE compared with the 3 series, and this has swung things around for Jaguar quite a bit, and it only seems to be growing more and more.

It has taken a few years for this to happen in the UK where they have been marketing hard with lots of press cars etc. They will start doing the same in Europe too no doubt, and they are very good products now, so think in the next few years sales will ramp up a lot.
I don't care what reviews say about the new Jags. (besides, journalists are hardly ever objective).
In Germany the German cars are always the best, in France the french cars are always the best. It is just who you ask.
I am convinced that if I would buy a new Jaguar today, it will be worthless in 4 years from now. When I buy a BMW 5 , I know that the money will be wisely invested (even if a BMW would be less good in dynamics , as you suggest. So what, I don't need a car for Le Mans).
You can get a bad reputation very quickly, but to turn that reputation good again, takes a lot of years.
Like VW now, I am sure it will take a long time to convince the public how good their Diesels really are....

Still, I wish Jaguar all the best an hope they will sell a lot.

Last edited by Portimao318; 10-01-2015 at 03:47 AM..
Appreciate 0