View Single Post
      08-10-2014, 09:43 AM   #10
stevemdaw
Rep
Drives: X3 2.0 MSport

First off, many many thanks for the constructive advice. It's really appreciated.

After spending another couple of hours at the dealers today, I eventually signed to buy the showroom model. I tried to negotiate a situation where I would reorder the correct model, and somehow not incur any further expense ( either by guaranteeing my part-ex and maintenance costs or via loan cars) but we couldn't come to an agreement on this. I'd already decided that the best alternative was the showroom model and after they agreed to throw in a service pack I agreed. I also noted that there were plenty of people asking about the showroom model whilst I was there which gave me a good feeling about its resale value.
I like Phils ideas of keeping it for a while, and then changing up to a new model when delivery times are less. I simply couldn't wait another 7 months for a new car, I do high mileage and my car is getting to the point where it's costing more, and besides that I'm simply too impatient.
I realise I may be frustrated when I see a new model on the road, but hopefully I can turn it round and simply think that I've managed to get a cracking deal on an already outstanding vehicle.
After signing, I was talking to the sales guy, he told me that 2% is the max discount they are giving on the new model now as they are selling their allocation so easily. They lost 2 potential sales yesterday because people wanted 5% off.

So there we go, not the 24 hours I had planned, thanks again to you all.
Appreciate 0