View Single Post
      08-10-2014, 01:25 AM   #7
cumbrianlad
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: X3 2011

That's a hard one. At the end of the day it comes down to your personal choice and what your priorities are, and whether or not whatever deal you are being offered is adequate compensation in your opinion. Don't know the background to your reason for changing, the need to change now or what your changing from but, as has been posted above, if you can live with the shortfalls of the car being delivered then so be it, however I suspect that once you've had the car a short while, the disappointment that it is not really the car you want will kick in. Can they get a LCI that you could test drive as that would be a start point for seeing whether or not you would be satisfied with the pre-LCI? Especially from the engine perspective - I suspect they may struggle with that one.
Personally I think I would be looking for a loan car (providing it was something that would be adequate for the interim period for your needs - we are heading towards winter), what about the pre-LCI on that basis?
If your happy with your current vehicle to see you through to delivery then I would be looking for them to treat that as a loan car which would ensure your trade in, and that any maintenance costs incurred as a result of the delay are met. It would also prevent any further depreciation to the value of your current car.
Tough call to make as it is something your either going to have to live with for a number of years, or do you live with the inconvenience and frustration for the next few months. Comes back to whether or not you are satisfied with the level of compensation received.
Will be interested in your decision and the reasons for it. It may help me make a call over inavailability of BMW to supply the wheels I originally ordered.
Appreciate 0