09-13-2012, 07:28 PM   #1
greg2step
X3 Owner/Driver
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 X3 M40i

Garage List
1 year review

1 year ago today I picked up my late 2011 Deep Sea Blue X3 Xdrive 35i. 11970 miles (my current job is close to home, keeps the miles down) anyway I still love it like the day i bought it, so much fun to drive, about as fun as a small SAV can be. (SUV by other standards )

0 mechanical problems. My 4 month or so absence on this group is a forum is a good thing, nothing to complain about. My X3 has been into the service center exactly once for an oil change, and I had them do the reprogram for high idling on startup - which seems to have fixed it.

only regret is getting the automatic rear door - i hate it, so far i put 1 small dent (its like an advanced ding, about an inch long) in the rear door by hitting the button by accident while my garage door was moving I wanted to pull apart the package that it came in and skip it by i let my CA talk me into getting it. I have 2 other small doordings I should probably get them all fixed at some point. all 3 combined are so small to not involve insurance or a repair that will make it onto a carfax report to fix - so I can't be too upset.

only thing I need to read up on is if I should bother rotating tires or not - my front def has alot more wear than rear - i am hoping to get to 22.5k or so - we'll see that may or may not happen. I drive hard, all city driving.

I really don't have much to say other than not a day goes by that I think I made the wrong decision of getting an X3 over a Q5. I really think its the perfect size, alot moreso than my E91 wagon was, and enough so that I don't really have any personal interest in the X1 which is now available here in the US.

Perhaps the Baltimore, Maryland area will have accumulating snow this winter, I can't say I really had the chance to experience my X3 in the snow last winter at all :/

anyway for anyone who comes into this forum looking for advice on getting an X3, after 1 year, I can say I am happy with my purchase, and hats off to the folks in SC who built it for me to spec

Greg
Appreciate 0