View Single Post
      03-19-2011, 10:57 PM   #15
roders
Second Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 3.0D MSport F25

Found this post which provided a good summary about the Individual Program for the US Market.

Originally Posted by MyKmYk
The BMW Individual program is not available in the United States. Special orders are somewhat available, but they are subject to the approval of BMWNA, distribution, and AG. Just because you will pay does not mean you will get an approved allocation. You can be denied several times for your requests, as I was denied more than 3 times for Estoril Blue, and may even be denied something that another person was approved for. As of my order date in April 2009, Individual interiors/leathers were not available for purchase as they "have not been tested for the US market". It is my belief, however, that the cost would be prohibitive for many people. If the jump in price of individual/special order paint is any indication, from MSRP $2000 (2006) to MSRP $5000 (2009), then one would expect a huge cost for any sort of special interior. In 2006, individual leather interior was roughly $3800. This did NOT include the leather dash, console, floormats, and individual wood trim.

Hope this helps!

///MyK

Edit: Invoice on S.O. paint is $4550.
Appreciate 0