View Single Post
      10-29-2012, 10:22 AM   #1
djdewet
Enlisted Member
South Africa
Rep
Drives: F25 X3 3.5i

BMW Live question

I got my X3 3.5i recently, and I am thoroughly enjoying it. However, I ordered the car with BMW Live option (6AL). Although I have the option under my Connected Drive menu, I do not have the options in the telephone menu to enable data over customer bluetooth connection , which according to the manual is how it is supposed to connect. Note that I am in SA and we do not have the build-in SIM on the vehicle (or if we do, it's disabled). I had a look at a F30 at the dealer which was has 6AL and 614 (Internet) and this has the telephone options described in the manuals. Had it back to the dealer and he now says he believes you have to have 614 (internet) as well to make the BMW Live work.

The dealer has now said he will retrofit/enable internet (614) for the same price as what it would have cost me if I ordered it like that from factory, which I suppose is not a bad compromise.

Anyway, so why did they allow me to spec the car without it, if it is required for BMW Live ? Does anybody have BMW Live (6AL) without internet (614) ?

Any other ideas ?
Mineral Silver F25 X3 3.5i AT, Oyster/Black/Wave wood trim interior, 307 style wheels, Prof Navi., Moon/Sun Roof, Adaptive Xenon Headlights, Auto tailgate, X-Line, Perf. Control, Apps, BMW Live, Top View, Prof. HiFi, Sports Seats, Elec. Tow Hitch, High Beam assist
Appreciate 0