10-09-2015, 03:09 PM   #20
rcblackwell
Private
Canada
Rep
Drives: X3 xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lotus99 View Post
Interesting, hadn't come across that, and when googling it now, I hardly see a lot of hits from people complaining about it....... Are you saying you actually used it for a flat and it didn't plug it? What was the temperature like?
Yes, not only didn't it plug the leak, the propellant was so cold that it froze water which had accumulated in the valve from melting snow. Once the valve froze nothing would pass through it making repair impossible. Of course being -17oC on a road filled with snow and ice didn't help the matter any! I also remember having to remove my gloves in order to attached can of slime to the tire valve. This lead to very cold, if not frost bitten fingers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lotus99 View Post
If you're going with RFT's, why not get the PA4's then? They're cheaper than the Pirelli's, and seemed to have a much better rating according to that survey.
I'm pretty sure that's the way I'll be going. I'm heading out this evening to look at a set of used 307 rims. If they're in good shape I'll be picking them up for use with these tires.
Appreciate 0