View Single Post
      01-19-2012, 08:41 PM   #1
obtix
Private
Rep
Drives: 2012 X3 28i

Finally got my X3 - and now the just a few questions post...

1. Very annoying, the car seems to randomly show the guidance arrow in the center console. When I use the voice control and say stop guidance it says that it is already stopped but the arrow stays. To get rid of it I need to set a new destination and then stop the guidance.

2. I know there was a post about the traffic show on the live map that I read. Do I need to select the gray map to see real time traffic (it's very ugly)?

3. Most annoying. I have a 120GB iPod classic that in my old car I would keep on song shuffle. I used the button on my old cars steering wheel to jump tracks and get a nice random surprise. In this car it I noticed a few things... (a) if I select all songs and hit random they will play in random order but when I use the jog dial they still show in alphabetical (b) I can only use the jump track button in the center console to jump to a random track (c) random seems to not remember I selected it.

With this I noticed a small trick that if I set the iPod up to shuffle then plug it in, it works but then the jog dial only shows the current playing track but the skip buttons seem to work right.

4. Also audio related - there is no volume gauge. I know I hear it or I don't but I like to see volume level 1 or 5 or 20 just so I know where I am. Come in handy with some older tracks.

Thanks for the help!
Appreciate 0