07-13-2011, 07:58 AM   #3
Lotus7
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: xxxx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waffle View Post
Anyone from the UK had any experience of taking the F25 X3 to France ?

i) ....

ii) ...

iii) How do I access the battery if I need to disconnect it. Is it under the boot floor?
The X3's battery is indeed under the boot ("trunk or cargo" in the US) floor. If required for transport, the battery can be fully disconnected by raising the rear section of the floor by turning the (2) slotted fasteners 1/4 turn only (they are not screws and only need to be turned 90 degrees). The rear third of the floor can then be bent up to access the battery which is all the way at the back.

To fully power the vehicle off, the right terminal: Negative battery post, "earth" ("ground" in the US) can easily be disconnected. The "earth" terminal is on the right when you are behind the car and facing forward. The battery is covered by the red plastic emergency disconnect assembly that powers the car down in the case of a serious crash. You should avoid touching it or removing it from the battery.

Please keep in mind that disconnecting the battery will cause the car to loose all of the presets you have stored. It's also a good idea to go through the "seat reset" procedure to insure proper operation of the power seats (see Owner's Manual).

BMW Owners Manual says:
Attached Images

Last edited by Lotus7; 07-13-2011 at 08:08 AM..
Appreciate 0