07-13-2011, 06:48 AM   #2
sfax
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 2011 F25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waffle View Post
Anyone from the UK had any experience of taking the F25 X3 to France ?

i) Does BMW emergency services provide you with the cover that the AA or similar (in the UK) would provide for travel to mainland europe i.e. repatriation of the vehicle etc.

ii) Can the headlights be adjusted or will I have to mess around with stick on beam deflectors.

iii) How do I access the battery if I need to disconnect it. Is it under the boot floor?
Yes, been to France for long weekend in Paris. Didn't consider BMW emergency as covered by Green Flag through bank a/c but I think I read somewhere it includes EU.

Headlights: left it too late and then didn't bother but I'm pretty sure you can't change them yourself so it's stickers only

No idea what you mean on battery. Disconnect the whole thing?

Pro sat nav works over there and I thought it was very good even in central Paris. Traffic also works which makes me think BMW SOS button would also work - well, you'd get connected to someone at least!

F25 xDrive20d SE __ professional multimedia package | dynamic package | climate package | 309s | xline | xenons | electric seats | folding mirrors | business speakers
Appreciate 0