11-24-2011, 01:04 PM   #5
epiphone3
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW X3 35i

Quote:
Originally Posted by June View Post
Thanks guys... read several threads about this issue and wow
BMW, are you serious? couldn't believe I will get this problem from a brand new car. How could I fix this problem now? This is totally ridiculous... we just got the car for a month, use it everyday, and now we already have this major issue... never thought I'd question the reliability of this car.... too bad its Thanksgiving here, all service centers are close... Hope this car will keep on starting and will not totally be discharge until monday... Luckily I have honda civic 2003 to use as a backup this holiday. I guess my honda is more reliable than my new car for I had never encountered a problem like this ... BMW should fix this and be aware that this is happening...
Thanks for the help...
Relax a bit here, buddy. The car may just have come with a weak battery from the factory or something.

Question: do you do a lot of short drives? That could lead to increased battery consumption or more specifically, reduced battery charging.

Regarding your situation and going into the weekend, taking the car on a long drive could be just what it needs to charge up. For the long drive, don't run the stereo, etc. to keep all the alternator output going to charging the battery.

Going forward, you may want to get a BMW trickle charger (or some other compatible unit) that you can plug the thing into should you run into similar issues in the future.

I am going to guess that your battery was just weak from the factory. Doesn't mean the car is a piece of shit, just means production of stuff isn't always perfect.
Appreciate 0