View Single Post
      05-05-2020, 03:23 PM   #49
evilchargerfan
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 F25 (N55), 2014 I01 (REX)

I had some emails from the makers of the fmic, I'd like to share:

I emailed on their website, described my vehicle, what I purchased, and what I need help with
Quote:
"The washers go on the inside of the bracket"
I ask for a picture to illustrate
Quote:
"Unfortunately we do not have pictures available at the moment but there are few DIY's available on the forums."
(no links were provided, nor what I should google / look for)

I get proactive, and provide a few pictures of possible ways to set up the hardware
Quote:
"The spacers are not necessary, you can eliminate those. The washers for the brackets are only necessary if the hole inside the bracket is larger than the head of the bolt, otherwise they aren't necessary.

The course threads mount the bracket to the car, the machine screw and nut are for the intercooler to bracket connection."
I sent a picture of the hardware bag, and asked what to do with the 2 long coarse threaded bolts. I show a piece of plastic where oem intercooelr mounted and asked if I should trim due to Vrsf provided brackets not seating flush (NOTE: I also asked in a fb group for another opinion)
Quote:
"Are we responding here or the multiple places we've seen you post publicly? This is putting a strain on our support team, please do not post your questions anywhere but via e-mail so our guys don't have to scramble to find where else this may have been posted.

The trimming is relatively straight forward. I'd recommend test fitting the intercooler, feeling for where you're making contact and then marking the area that needs to be trimmed."

So far:

-I am pretty disappointed with the support/service
-I am disappointed with the fitment of the brackets
-I wont bother speaking much about the welds and bent fins, I believe that topic has been discussed many times in the past
-I scratch my head as to why bags of hardware is provided (with no instruction) and the user is to determine which pieces are to be discarded and which to be used and how to orient said pieces

/rant

Last edited by evilchargerfan; 05-05-2020 at 03:30 PM..
Appreciate 0