View Single Post
      12-29-2011, 09:30 AM   #13
Mulberry
Catuvellauni
Rep
Drives: X1 xDrive23d MSport

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckeyegirl View Post
Please tell BMW to make the X1M. It will make so much money here in Colorado!!!! I think I just got shut out of the 1M coupe, heard today that my dealer will get no more allocations, Should I move my deposit over to the x1M? Make it in Dakar Yellow like in that sweet render and I will wait and dream about it for a couple years.
Excellent news...an X1M

Already the owner of a 23d X1 now configured to M Sport specification these would be the modifications that I would do if I were to create an X1M:

Keep the body shell profile as is.
Move the B Post back approx 20 cm to create a three door shell (stiffer, cheaper and lighter).
Lengthen the two front doors
Alluminium bonnet, roof panel and tailgate to reduce weight and lower the centre of gravity
Re design the door mirrors
Beef up the wheel arches.
19" light alloy rims
3.0 twin turbo diesel
Sports suspension
Larger ventilated performance discs

That should 'hit the spot' in my opinion. My current car is great BUT......I'm waiting for that Porsche Cajun with more than a little interest because I don't like the depreciation on the X1 or the impact of the lower specification two wheel drive models on residual values

As for Dakar yellow I can see that working with the 'right' colour interior and alloys
Attached Images

Appreciate 0