View Single Post
      01-15-2011, 03:01 PM   #1
jijioben
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2011 F25 X3 35i

Cinturato P7

I finally managed to go see a pre-PDI X3. I really enjoyed the experience. I am polishing a couple of pictures, though the car was just off the truck and thus still dirty and full of snow. I'll post more significant pictures when it is buffed. One thing stands out for me: pictures don't do the X3 any justice: its presence and the feeling of the X3 are a multisensorial experience that needs to be appreciated in person. I can't wait to test drive it.

I noticed that the tires mounted on the car were Pirelli Cinturato P7, consistent with other pictures - but identified, on Pirelli's site, as summer only while the tires clearly say all-season:

http://www.pirelli.com/tyre/ww/en/ca...turato_p7.html

I was told by my CA that these tires will be OK for sub-freezing temperatures, and that's what I'll drive in my upcoming test drive.

Why the disconnect? Are the P7 all-season tires or are they summer tires only? Do you have any recommendation on winter tires - besides the standard BMW recommendation and/or any comment on this?

I'm not a fan of changing tires and wheels but... I may consider it as we have snow for at least 4 months. Thanks in advance for your thoughts.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0