View Single Post
      11-22-2011, 11:29 PM   #33
bunnn
Colonel
Rep
Drives: like a grandma

Quote:
Originally Posted by wholefoods View Post
And I do not disagree with that either. My point was one cannot simply compare auto prices across countries without giving regard to relative tax rates. Buying an X3 in Ontario for $72k is similar to paying ~$100k for the same car in a country with 13% tax - because those who don't pay high income tax take home enough to be able to afford those higher prices. So please don't wine and complain how expensive BMW's are in those geographies where residents pay low tax.
I used to complain about how shitty it is to buy from the Canadian market. Many also complain about all the tax we pay in Canada. If we're going to argue that Canada(Ontario) pays more tax than other geographic locations, we also have to factor in standard of living, average income, roads, and the whole nine yard. If we look historically at the income tax figures, Canada doesn't even rank that high. Would you rather live in a country that charges you 135% import tax, a shit load of road fees, expensive[and shitty] gas..a really low average income?
Canada really isn't that bad guys.