shawnsheridan
General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 Alpina B6 650ix GC

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
Aah but my dealer has done this before on a friends car. They retrofitted paddles and SAT on an F30. I can push the chap there to change the VO for me.

The only thing is when they changed the VO for my friends F30, it gave them a gear selector error, so they made him change to the SAT lever. I don't want to change the lever, hence asking if by just changing the VO from the dealer end I can activate SAT.
Dealers cannot change official FA. They must order any FA Change from BMW AG, and BMW AG will create a new FA File for car, and send it to dealer to be loaded with ISTA/P and car programmed.

If you have a dealer that changed FA in friend's car to add 2TB SAT, they could only have used E-Sys to do so, in which case the dealer has gone rouge, and they are operating outside the bounds of dealership.

In any case, 2TB in FA may result in expectation of different hardware and hence cause error in ISTA/P. There is no reason though that you can't just add 2TB to FA, without writing FA to car, but load modified FA for Coding purpose and FA Code GWS for 2TB.

2018 F06 Alpina B6 650ix GC; Space Grey; Vermillion Red Nappa Leather; Executive; B&O; Driving Assistant
2017 F15 X5 xDrive50i MSport; Glacier Silver Metallic; Black Dakota Leather; Executive; B&O; Driving Assistant; RSE
Appreciate 0