View Single Post
      08-23-2011, 10:38 AM   #12
Dechy
Private
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2011 X3 35i M

At 2600KMs on the odometer we got hit really REALLY hard by a rock on the hwy... looked everywhere while driving and didn't find a chip/crack anywhere so just continued on my merry way to my destination (another 200KMs worth of hwy).

Totally forgot about the incident and it was dark anyways, so didn't double check.

Day after? 1 foot long crack, humidity / pressure changes during the night probably made it crack... forgot to check the huge area under the rearview mirror, that's where the chip was. During the day the crack reached over 2 feet long so called up insurance.

This was my very first windshield change in 17 years of driving, and I've never really shopped for that specific item when looking at insurances... I really, REALLY should have; 500$ deductible. Poor lady at the phone, I gave her an earful... I could get hit by a car and have 15000$ damage and pay 500$ deductible but the windshield is 500$ on its own?!?!

Top it off with the insane price from the dealer (glass + seal + sensor + time = ~1300$)

Flat tire on the friggin RFTs that same week when I've NEVER had a flat... thankfully they were able to patch it.

The best part? Hail from hell this month, I can't remember the last time I've seen hail...

I've had 9 different cars in 17 years... guess my luck ran out... I wished it had ran out on my friggin Fit instead lol
Appreciate 0