View Single Post
      09-14-2015, 02:18 PM   #1
ianfp
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: X5 40D M Sport

Dealer has crashed my car!

So, my 2013 X3 went in for new front discs because there was some scoring on one and even though they are in spec and the car has 14000 on the clock, I wanted new ones. So, the dealer did their normal collection service and replaced the discs and I paid on my card - all so far OK.

About an hour later, the service manager phoned to tell me there had been an incident with my car i.e. their driver had crashed my car into the back of another car! (Fortunately no one hurt).

The car was driven back to their body shop for assessment and I have been told that it needs a new bonnet (hood), new front wings, new bumper, new adaptive Xenon headlights and any other parts that may be necessary. They are having to send it to their sister dealership with a better equipped body shop for full assessment.

They have loaned me a brand new 3 series GT whiel mine is being repaired.

What do you guys think? I have told the dealer that if it is possible in any way for me to be able to tell there has been a repair, it would not be acceptable! They said that it would be as new, but I am worried, firstly because it has now been in an accident and secondly because I have my doubts about matching the Titanium silver. Also what else has been shocked in the impact that cannot be seen? Also, will the resale value fall as a result?

Not quite sure what to do! Do any of you guys have any experience of BMW damaging your car??
Appreciate 0