View Single Post
      03-17-2012, 03:07 AM   #3
kingbadger
Enlisted Member
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: X3 (F25) 3.0D MSport

It's a great price and would be really useful. But we need an expert!

The wiring loom is probably in place - but from watching the National Geographic Megafactories film of the X3 manufacture in Spartanburg I know that canvas bags of wiring looms are prepared off the line and delivered to the correct car as it is built (I thought heating them and delivering them to the line hot to make the wiring easier to lay was such a simple and neat solution). They would not need to match bag to car if they used a standard loom so it probably has various components depending on options. Some such as left hand drive or right hand drive are obvious, but in this case? I have the rear parking sensors which activate the iDrive screen with a graphic, there's a good chance it is in the same optional cable. But maybe it is in the top view camera cable bundle...which I don't have..

The ad says:

You must need a Av input or Multimedia interface(Auto Change when "R") for this Camera on your car!
Turning this into English is tricky, but maybe "auto change when R" refers to the way the iDrive screen switches to parking sensor mode when R is engaged. In which case I have it.

But as I said, we need an expert.