04-13-2011, 12:35 PM   #61
Beyu
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by sfax View Post
This is nonsense. Yes, there are some threads about QC issues but this is a popular forum with new X3 owners. People aren't as likely to come on here and say their new X3 is wonderful as they are to complain or to try to find out information on an issue. That is the nature of forums.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beyu View Post
...people who are satisfied with the car most likely won't be posting on here. However there's practically a new thread posted on here every week about some QC issue, a simple search reveals problems ranging from mismatched colors to unbolted back seats.
If you had taken the time to read the previous sentence before the one you quoted you'd see that I've said that people who are happy with the car most likely won't be posting on a forum; hell they're probably out having too much fun with their new car.

I'm not trying to bash the X3 in any way and I'm sorry if anyone took offense to my last post. Buying a new generation MY car I'm sure all of us knew what we were walking into and to demean someone's investment on a forum after having buyer's remorse isn't the way to go.

I'm just a little surprised how the QC for the X3 is, I understand that it's a new car and they've been only making them since around Nov of last year but the plant has been around since 1992 and they've been making the X5 since 99, the new X3 can't be that radically different from the previous cars they've been making, can it?
Appreciate 0