View Single Post
      01-29-2018, 03:23 AM   #25
david.alexander1989
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 35i F25

Gearbox jerking on low RPM and when changed from N to D

Hello Guys,

I've recently purchased a secondhand 2011 X3 35i and experience the same issue as yours. The transmission feels jolted when changed from N to D, or during low RPM. This issue only happens occasionally, so it's hard to replicate it in front of the BMW service assistant.

Last week I visited a dealership to check for this issue. They have conducted a transmission adaptation reset and replace the coils (all 6 of them). The coils replacement is mandatory due to a different issue (drivetrain), but they suspect this is also contributes to the jerking.

When I tested the car with the Service Assistant, it worked just fine. However after several days, the problem reemerged again.

Am wondering if you guys have managed to permanently fix the issue. If yes, kindly share the specific software version that you're currently running and what are the part(s) that needs to be replaced. Btw, I have asked the SA regarding the Longitudinal Torque Motor (as mentioned by smovva , but he said that the diagnostic did not mention any problem with that component.

Many thanks!

david
Appreciate 0