09-05-2013, 03:44 PM   #23
RichardBR
Second Lieutenant
Norway
Rep
Drives: 2012 BMW X3 30D Msport DSB

Quote:
Originally Posted by satishmovva View Post
I had a similar problem. The software update in late 2012 almost fixed the jerkiness but not quite. Earlier this year my car started jerking a lot more. I took it in and they found that the VTG motor (BMW called it Longitudinal Torque Motor) had failed on the transfer case though there was no error shown to the driver. They also updated the latest and final software fix for the jerkiness that came out in APril 2013 and now car is almost perfect! I can still feel a little jerk rarely but I can get past it if I feather the throttle gently. You can search on posts with my name to see the part numbers that were replaced.

Please do let us know what they find wrong with your car and post any part numbers they may have replaced. Thank you!
Got my car back this evening, and what they did was another software update and reset a few sensors and other settings.

Works very fine now. Took it for a long drive and noticed the the rpms when coasting is higher now than before the new update. Before it had rpm around 900 but now it is around 1200-1300. Engine is much smoother in coasting, accelerating rigth after breaking, general acceleration and fast acceleration. Also the gearshifts seems better and more natural.

It's like a new car. Fingers crossed that it will keep that way.
Appreciate 0