shawnsheridan
General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 Alpina B6 650ix GC

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by 69clementinast View Post
So, I just received my cable and flash drive from April 1 (overnight delivery a huge plus). Quick question, I have a work computer that is a windows desktop but want to run on my apple macbook with vmware. I've read in a few places that some of the software may or may not work with the 64bit version of windows 7. That said it isn't clear if it is esys or some other piece of software that won't work. Does anyone know if I need to get the 32 bit version or can i use the 64? Don't want to get the less efficient version if i can avoid it. Thanks!
E-Sys works fine on 64-Bit. There is a companion utility application named ZGW_SEARCH.exe that is informational only, which will show you the IP Connection to the car. Version 1 of it must be run in XP Compatibility Mode. Version 2 of it can run natively on 64-Bit. Or, since it is non-functional, you don't need to run it at all.

2018 F06 Alpina B6 650ix GC; Space Grey; Vermillion Red Nappa Leather; Executive; B&O; Driving Assistant
2017 F15 X5 xDrive50i MSport; Glacier Silver Metallic; Black Dakota Leather; Executive; B&O; Driving Assistant; RSE
Appreciate 0