View Single Post
      08-14-2013, 05:53 AM   #58
RhoXS
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2002 Z3 3.0i + 2016 X3 28i

As I commented above, yesterday ECS tuning would not except an order from me because my shipping address is different from my billing address. I want the switch because I think it can provide a significant safety enhancement under some conditions but I have no experience using eBay so I am reluctant to use eBay as an alternate source. Therefore, I thought I would again call ECS this morning and see if they would be willing to take an order and only ship after my credit card debit was clearly credited to their account. Since I was still trying to do business with ECS, I just looked up their rating on Resellerratings.com, something I should have done prior to calling them the first time. To my unpleasant surprise, they only have a 2.83 rating out of 10 (but only 17 reviews). They seem to have issues resolving problems with shipped orders. Also, they also do not participate at Resellerratings.com to monitor feedback and resolve issues. I have used resellerratings for a lot of years and find their ratings to be a very accurate indication of what to expect from an internet vendor. Vendors (e.g. Newegg, BHPhoto, etc.) that are universally accepted as having outstanding service and effective problem resolution invariably have a greater than 9.0 rating. I am just stating what I observed but I learned from experience that there is too high a probability I will regret placing an order when the vendor does not have a high Resellerratings rating.
Appreciate 0