02-20-2011, 12:57 PM   #4
TuffLittleUnit
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: G26 420d MSport Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIMMER UK 76 View Post
Got the net pocket in the footwell and leather seat back pockets on my 5 series and never ever use them for anything meaningful (passengers normally empty their pockets of sweet papers etc!

Nets on seat backs would probably look crap with stuff in them (most premium £30-40k cars have leather seat pockets on the back of seats)
+1

I ordered the storage pack on my A5 which added nets to the seat backs and we've never used them for anything remotely constructive. They just fill with crap. It also came with a special net for the boot which again I've never really used.

The X3 demo I had came with the storage option and the boot fittings looked nice and robust ... but I had no interest at all in trying them out. Neither had any previous test drivers because they were still nicely shrink-wrapped in the original packaging in the boot storage tray.

My view ... if you like to tinker with stuff or have a penchant for BDSM then it's money well spent. I reckon 90% of people play with the fittings for the first couple of weeks and then they never get used again.

One exception: shopping hooks - I ALWAYS use those (and yes, I'm male) but these can almost always be sourced as spares through your local dealer.

It's certainly a better investment than the £90 sports steering wheel though