View Single Post
      04-30-2013, 12:06 PM   #32
Briant73
Rep
Drives: Highlander

Latest update - Dealer finally is getting some 2014 X3 stock and configurations/pricing. In the past few weeks I went out and test drove a few more vehicles while waiting.

2014 Grand Cherokee - The 8 speed V6 I enjoyed much more than the previous 2013 with 5spd I test drove. A lot of nice features and quiet to drive other than engine noise.
I do wish the front seat bottom cushions were a bit wider and the rear seat more adjustments.

2013 Acura RDX - Very competent vehicle but the passenger power seat has no height adjustment and shorter people will feel they sit very low. Also though it had a V6 it seemed to perform the same as my 2010 Highlander. Wind noise on the highway at 65 was not noticeable but could hear tire drone. Good cargo room though seats don't fold near flat, also the rear seat is one of the most comfortable I have sat in, ranks with the Audi.

So far I have ruled out the Audi and the Acura, both fine cars just not what I am looking for.

So after test driving 2013 Acura RDX, Audi Q5 2.0t, BMW X3 28i, 2013 Jeep GC v6, 2014 Jeep GC V6 I have to say the x3 28i and 2014 GC are my two favorites. The BMW just out drives all the others whereas the 2014 GC is refined but ready for anything you throw at it.

With the X3 it's odd because I still am not sure I can be comfortable in the driver seat, the rear seat is a bit low and access to it isn't great, RFT are not a selling point to me, and it gets expensive quick but yet the way it drives and performs I just keep coming back to it. I'm amazed at the driving dynamics and I haven't gone near a 35i or Msport yet, the 28i feels that good driving.

As for the 2014 GC it's a great vehicle that I think is styled great, has a lot of features and ready to take on almost any terrain/condtions but the gas mileage is less than all the others, for it's size the interior is a bit small and I am not sold on Jeep/Chrysler quality and yet I like it a lot also.

Last edited by Briant73; 04-30-2013 at 06:59 PM.. Reason: wording - impressions update
Appreciate 0