Portocale
Private First Class
Netherlands
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 2020

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy_o View Post
Hi all

A new group test between the discovery sport, X3, xc60 and Hyundai Santa fe is out in this weeks autocar.co.uk

Interesting read

Unfortunately I can't find it online at the moment only in the print magazine which I had delivered today

So in short

1st disco sport ... They said hard ride .. Thirsty but you will get out of it and look back longingly

2nd x3 ... Impressive piece of machinery frugal, great engine and gearbox (20d) comfortable and relaxed drive ... But isn't as exciting,interesting or as desirable as the disco .. So hence second place ! Pah

3rd Volvo .. Not without its charms but behind the best

4th Santa fe .. Lacking desirability and luxury but still commendable

But although they put the disco on top .. They said don't buy one because the new generation engines are coming

So very subjective review
Yeap. I lived in UK a couple of years. On all reviews a British made in number one, but if you dig deep there are NOT British owned companies, just British made, which is just a pity for a nation who invented the car. Of course the Land Rover is a marvelous piece of technique, but if you look at maintenance cost and history you must lease one, not own one.
Actually they are right, the automatic X3 in not exciting unless you hit hard acceleration. But try a manual and you could change this. I had the same feeling when I drove one, after my 320 Ci manual, but we get older...
Appreciate 0