08-02-2012, 02:33 PM   #8
MattUK
Captain Unsensible
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2016 M240i Coupe - Estoril

Garage List
2016 BMW M240i  [0.00]
Its true.. when I first got a BMW I was paranoid about it, where I park it, making sure it was in the garage etc. When I got to my first M car even more.. then one day it was nicked from the drive after they broke into my house while i slept. Was a while before I went back to an M car, but I did.. and in the M cars I was always extra aware of being followed or scoped out because of what happened.

When considering the X3 or X5 I was worried about them being a highly desirable car to lift.. X5 more so.. much as I liked the 5, its too big for what I need, over my new budget an the options too expensive.

The X3 to me was a mini X5.. initially very worried about parking it.. it doesnt fit in the garage either so i have no choice for it to be on the drive. Insurance does not insist on a tracker.

If it gets nick, then .. it gets nicked, its one of those things for determined thieves no matter where they are from. If it got nicked, then I'd probably drop the BMW until I start to see better improvements.

While BMW may state that their cars meet requirements, which it does, they should be offering ways to update or amend the car to reduce the problem, and even if that was a chargable visit, it should be offered.
Appreciate 0