View Single Post
      09-13-2011, 02:02 PM   #4
coolesnce
Private
Rep
Drives: 2015 X4 3.0 M-line Maxed out

Quote:
Originally Posted by dandanio View Post
So yesterday I finished my first mod. Unhappy with the performance of the factory set of mirrors and distracted by the unsightly warning on the passenger side mirror, I decided to order a set of Euro mirrors auto-dimming and heated.
That's what I started with:

The Euro one on the left:

The Euro one on the left again:

Installation is a breeze. Just fold your mirrors all the way in (or in and down) and gently but firmly pry with your fingers the glass out. Then disconnect the heating/dimming connector and replace the glass. The connector in question depicted:

First test, mirrors realigned using seat and side mirror memory function. Compare it with the pair of pictures above.

Time for a road test. Pay attention how much more I can see. The blind spot got noticeably smaller and so the car got safer.

I hope you liked it and if you have any questions or comments, please leave them below. I have the exact same type of mirrors on my other car, and because we were so used to them I needed to have them on my X3 too! The only downside is that it takes a few days getting used to, but once you do, those mirrors will be indispensable.

There are a few more mods in the pipeline. My goal is to have an "OEM plus" car. Stay tuned!
Looks good! I been trying to do the same. I tried to order through bmw dealer here in California and they said and couldnt order it. How did you order the mirrors?
Appreciate 0