04-18-2011, 09:14 PM   #53
clarence
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: F30 328i M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dobs View Post
Clarence,

Weel in the UK VDC comes with Normal, Sport and Sport, unless you are telling me that by speccing servotronic and performance control has added sport+ but thats not the case with option 223 having al 3 modes. Steering does change noticeably from Normal to Sport, very nice. Can't discern a change when going into sport+
U'll get Normal, Sport & Sport+ when u have DDC (i.e. the normal/sport switch), regardless of whether u got DDC via VDC, Variable Sports Steering (not servotronic on it's own) or Sport Automatic gearbox. So if u have DDC then 3 modes, no DDC then no modes. Performance Control can be had on it's own or it's included if u order VDC, Variable Steering, or M-tech suspension. If u have Performance control but not any of 223, 2TB, 226 or 2VL, then still no modes as DDC is not fitted.
The main difference between Sport & Sport+ is the switching off of stability control, the traction control remains on unless u manually turn it off.
According to the owner's manual I got, VDC only has Normal & Sport settings, so even if u select Sport+ via DDC the dampers remain only in Sport mode as there's no Sport+ mode for the dampers. What does it say in ur UK-spec manual?

Last edited by clarence; 04-18-2011 at 09:26 PM..
Appreciate 0