shawnsheridan
General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 Alpina B6 650ix GC

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArsBas View Post
Hi everyone! I found a guy who activating Carplay via USB. I bought it, done all the process, but the Carplay was not activated, as the “guy” said “Everything is activated, but I have no WiFi antenna” when I’m pressing “Carplay” it says “ unable to activate Carplay”, so if I’ll install WiFi will it work?
No one can tell you with certainty that WLAN Antenna will make it work. It is possible that is it or it is possible everything is not activated contrary to what seller said.

Quote:
Originally Posted by titomi View Post
I don't understand russian, so can't really tell what it saying, but if the patch says "failed", in my understanding it means, it failed. I would expecting success message when applying a patch.
My X3 (build 2018) came also without wifi antenna, and the patch I had worked, and Carplay too - although the phone had to be near the head unit (on the cove of the central console for example) for a good connection.
The Patch fail error shown is because unit is already patched (hence no OEM Key to patch) by some previous install.

2018 F06 Alpina B6 650ix GC; Space Grey; Vermillion Red Nappa Leather; Executive; B&O; Driving Assistant
2017 F15 X5 xDrive50i MSport; Glacier Silver Metallic; Black Dakota Leather; Executive; B&O; Driving Assistant; RSE
Appreciate 0