View Single Post
      07-18-2012, 03:15 PM   #45
BMWLVX
Private
Rep
Drives: X3 2.0d

If anyone on Mac is using Parallels, you may encounter a problem when trying to connect to your X3. I resolved this issue by opening "Virtual Machine>Configure…>Hardware>Network 1" and set it to Ethernet. The default was "Shared Network" which didn't work. This was the only way I could get the Connection via VIN to work.

Once connected, I followed the instructions given by April1 and was able to code the following on my X3 2.0d 02/2012 (Europe):

Quote:
3000 HMI, 78:

EFF_DYN_SPORT_CID (Power/Torque meters that appear under Vehicle Information and the Sport popup visual as a selectable item.)
CONNECTED_DRIVE (I see this as the container for the "online browser" stuff so I'd enable this either before or at the same time as enabling them.)
SPEEDLOCK_X_KMH_MIN (Video In Motion Part 1)
SPEEDLOCK_X_KMH_MAX (Video In Motion Part 2 – the handbrake option was already disabled)

Quote:
3003 TELEFON_TELEMATIK_ONLINE, 50:

ONLINE_BROWSER
(This shows up under ConnectedDrive menu as "Internet" as is a web browser)
ONLINE_BROWSER_LIVE (This shows up under ConnectedDive menu as "BMW Live" and will ask you to enter your location. I entered "Other Country" so I think I was limited with the options I received in here: News, Weather, Settings. Other country settings may give you more.)
I was able to connect to the Online stuff with an iPhone using tethered bluetooth internet. Live asked me to register using an email address but I just skipped this step. I probably won't use the online stuff that much, but good to know that it's in there and BMW want to charge you a small fee to enable it.

I saw another option that makes me wonder if video over USB is disabled and can be enabled. This is the one:

CDMM_USB_VIDEO
Kommentar=Switch for the video buttons in the new Audioplayer HMI (CR7752)
The values are "none", "first_usb", "second_usb", "both". Currently it's set to "none".

The option above this one is:

CDMM_USB_HMI
Kommentar=Switch for the new Audioplayer HMI (CR7752)
The values are "new" and "old". It's set to "new".

Can anyone shed some light on these for me? Google turns up nothing.
Appreciate 0