View Single Post
      10-25-2011, 02:14 PM   #10
Toecutter
Private
Rep
Drives: rattletrap

Quote:
Originally Posted by richardew View Post
You should be able to play the two off against each other and get a better price.
That's what I have been doing and is how we have ended up with them both offering the same deal. At this point I find the purchase price acceptable.

Quote:
You don't have to get service where you purchase the car. When I lived in rural Virginia I had to travel 1 or 1 1/2 hours for service on my cars. That was rather inconvenient and would consume an off day. If they had to order anything or if I had to leave it overnight it was even more inconvenient
I plan to have service and warranty work done at the closer dealership regardless of where I buy the car.

Quote:
You could always deal with another salesperson if you don't like the first one.
I thought about that, but it seems as if it would add another level of complexity to the negotiation. Based upon my previous interchanges with the staff at this dealership, I think that their sales technique is fairly uniform and I would likely end up with another salesperson with the same general interaction.

The big question for me now is whether I go with the dealership with the nicer salesperson so I feel good about doing business with them but is much farther away, or go with the nearby dealership for convenience and feel bad about giving my business to the place that provided a less satisfactory experience.

As an analogy, picture going out to a nice restaurant down the street where the food is terrific but the waiter is inattentive and maybe a little bit surly, versus driving all the way across town to another restaurant where the food is equally terrific along with the wait staff.

Last edited by Toecutter; 10-25-2011 at 02:21 PM..
Appreciate 0