View Single Post
      04-16-2011, 01:57 PM   #1
jlr_1304
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: none

M-sport 19" vs stock 18" confort level? questions answered and X3 on order

I'm about to order an X3 3.5i with NAV/m-sport/leather and have a question on tire size vs confort level.

i test drove an X1 with m-sport and found the ride to be pretty harsh. Loved the sport seats.

Then i drove an X3 3.5i with stock tires and found the ride to be much more confortable than the X1. Stock seats sucks, so i wanted to order them but the package is not available anymore and only the m-sport will include it.

So the question is : will i experience a stiffer ride with the 19" ?

I'm still undecided for color as m-sport comes with high gloss shadow line and it would look better on AW. Black is only available as an 800$ option with m-sport and it looks much better with x-line...which is only available with premium package.

Other questions :
1- is leather recommanded? still puzzle me as a 50k+ car doesnt come standard with leather. my fear is that leatherette will be too hot and will degrade faster. i'm planning to keep the car a long time. leather is a 1900$ option.

2-Should i buy an extended warranty?

3-Dealer are pretty stiff on price. Got only a 1100$ rebate on 3.5i+NAV+leather+m-sport. Is there more room for negociations?

Comments:
1- Sport seats are mandatory IMO. Superb confort and the extension is a nice touch.

2-X1 is pretty noisy and doesnt look like a BMW.

3-Had some much fun trying the 3.5. Dont remember the last time i had such a high after driving a car. Took a big curve at 130kmh and the car didnt moved a bit. I usually take this curve at 90kmh...only problem is the speed limit is reached pretty fast.

I should order it on monday.

Last edited by jlr_1304; 04-18-2011 at 04:56 PM..
Appreciate 0