05-30-2018, 11:37 AM   #39
Lotus99
Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: 19 M2C & 18 X3 M40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimInVan View Post
I have just had my H&R springs installed today. I measured before going to the shop and my measurements in the garage were 16.75" all round. During the install I was told one of the rear shocks was blown and need to replace the back pair. All in all with alignment here in Canada with all our taxes etc... it cost me just under $1700. 8 hours to install plus $150 for alignment and $500 for shocks.

Once home I measured them up again - 16" fronts and 16.75" rears.

Biggest expense of any mod and for that price I could have got a JB4 +WMI kit and maybe even the catless DP.
Wow, what an experience. Did they take 8 hours just install the Springs, or that included the labor for the shocks also?

As far as driving feel, at least that should have improved. I noticed a measurable difference the car being more planted around corners.

I'm really surprised that your drop is so minimal in the front, and nothing in the rear. I'm not sure where you measured from, but it is supposed to be from the fender to the center of the hub.

These are my measurements after 50 miles Of driving on them. The front dropped 1.5 inches, and the rear a full inch.

PRE
F: 440 mm
R: 435 mm

R: 410 mm

DROP
F: 38 mm
R: 25 mm
Appreciate 0