Macgyver
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 e92 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by jxterma
Quote:
Originally Posted by ///Mposter View Post
Not that I can confirm it actually fits into it but I can confirm that 7 hex is the closest size to T45.
After zeroing the EHBrake and putting on new pads, I have an yellow light on for "Parking brake malfunction". The EHBrake cannot engage when I put the parking brake. Actuator is not turning. Do you know how to reset? Thanks in advance!
I just read your other thread. I suggest that you use a tire chock on the front to secure the vehicle. Close the door , remove both side rear EHB connectors at once. ( the car senses the brake isn't on and tries to engage it sometimes). Reconfirmed that you have set the T45 EHB portion correctly. ( if tightened instead of loosened the electronic motor cannot ever lock the brakes) . Then reconnect the connectors. Quickly get back in the car and press the pedal a few times to set the caliper . This makes the pads set against the rotor. Now try to engage the hand brake with or without the car on. I really don't think it matters. It should rotate the motor and lock after a few seconds.

What i think happened is that since the pads were not seated yet, the motor rotated the assembly multiple times until it mechanically stopped and could not go anymore. Then it gave you the error.
If you do all the above and still nothing I would suggest unplugging the battery.