Thread: UK Orders
View Single Post
      06-08-2011, 11:46 AM   #376
RobT
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F25 X3 20d SE

Smile Status 5055

Firstly let me say how much I've enjoyed reading everyone's posts and its nice to know that I've not been the only one frustrated by dealer duplicity regarding delivery dates.
Ordered my X3 (2.0d) on 24.12.10 and to cut a long story short still not sure when it will be with me. Foolishly ordered the powered tailgate and bluetooth as options and I see from the posts that could be the cause of some delay (originally given April/May delivery date).
However the sunspots seem to have abated today and I've had an email from the dealer sales manager telling me that "production control" have confirmed the "status" of my car as 5055.
I've spent a good hour on the site trying to find out what "5055" means (yes I have emailed the dealer for an explanation but I'm not sure that my life expectancy meets his timescales for replies) without success. So apologies if its blindingly obvious where I can find this out but it would be greatly appreciated if one of you could elucidate for me. Thanks in anticipation !
Appreciate 0