07-24-2012, 04:17 PM   #2147
sfax
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 2011 F25

Quote:
Originally Posted by gareth3685 View Post
Defintion of a troll (had to look it up as I wasn't clear on what they are in this context):

In Internet slang, a troll is someone who posts inflammatory,[2] extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community, such as an online discussion forum, chat room, or blog, with the primary intent of provoking readers into an emotional response[3] or of otherwise disrupting normal on-topic discussion.

I don't think any of my posts fall under those categories. I'm simply an X3 owner who is disappointed in his purchase. Surely I'm entitled to my opinion?!
OK, since you asked for an example, here's one from this very page:
Quote:
Originally Posted by gareth3685
I believe the wider public are still oblivious to just how average this car really is
posted to a 2nd generation X3 forum where most members are new owners or have an X3 on order. This isn't in any way inflammatory? (BTW since you like definitions, inflammatory means tending to arouse anger, hostility, passion) I’ve read 1000s of posts and it smacks of trolling to me but people can make their own minds up. Perhaps I’m the troll for asking the question.

F25 xDrive20d SE __ professional multimedia package | dynamic package | climate package | 309s | xline | xenons | electric seats | folding mirrors | business speakers
Appreciate 0