View Single Post
      06-19-2011, 09:37 AM   #1
XB101
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2011 TiAg X3 35i

Possible future X3 owner

Went for test drives at BMW and now in the process of deciding if it's feasible for me to go for the X3. Didn't test out the Q5 as the dealer I visited didn't have one in the showroom and all the sale people seem to be busy at the time. It might be the closest competitor and I might still drop by sometime next week for a spin.

Sat in my friend's RX450 and my neighbor has a 450h. They provide comfortable ride and the interior is very nice. However I like to have good driving dynamics and everyone say the Lexus is soft.

GLK is nice but not my style. Again from research it offers a softer ride.

Not a Volvo fan so that's not an option. The Infiniti are supposed to be well equipped and fast but they are not that roomy (again from reading) and supposedly not the greatest on gas.

RDX looks not much bigger than my WRX. The MDX is nice and the finance rate is good so I might go take a look. It might be bigger than I need but I think it, along with the Q5 would be a close competitor for me to go along side the X3.

If I do decide the X3 is a go, then it's deciding the color. I am leaning toward Titan Silver, Alpine White, and Space Grey in that order.

Question for Canadian owners:

- Were you able to get much of a discount? My guess is MSRP is $4500 or so above invoice? Correct me if I am wrong.

- Do you plan to buy a set of winter wheels and tires? What are you going with?

- The 5.9% lease or 4.9% finance isn't great. Since demand is high
not much we can do. Residual is 52% after 3 years. I am deciding lease
vs finance. I don't usually keep my cars more than 3 years. This one could be an exception though.
Appreciate 0