09-24-2012, 05:59 AM   #4
sfax
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 2011 F25

Quote:
Originally Posted by philtrick123 View Post
As I mentioned I managed to get the GPS location of the car once, but not since. When it did work it showed my location, and the cars location on a google map. When I'm testing the car is on the street approx 30mtrs away.

Just been doing some more testing, and the car location has reappeared. I've tried sending a location from Goggle Local Search, I've also send from my desktop PC.

Does the car need to 'wake up' with an initial request?

I'll check the X3 when it stops throwing it down with rain

SFAX- do you get the option for sounding the horn. Option does not appear on my app (android or iphone). Is this set on a per country basis?
It does have to wake up, yes. Takes about 1 min to wake up. If you stand by the car, you can hear a little tick as it starts to boot up. If you send a command soon after locking, it's still awake and it will respond quickly in about 20-30 seconds.

I used to get the sound horn option but they cruelly took it away . Not sure why.

F25 xDrive20d SE __ professional multimedia package | dynamic package | climate package | 309s | xline | xenons | electric seats | folding mirrors | business speakers
Appreciate 0