Thread: UK Orders
View Single Post
      02-25-2012, 09:21 AM   #1276
AJWilson
First Lieutenant
Scotland
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 2.0D SE

I had the same problem, waited nearly 7 months before I was infomed BMW had pulled the plug on BuyAcar BMW orders. 42k was a very good price for a fully loaded X3. Too good to be true.
Happy it has ended ok for you

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogerbu View Post
Thanks for the responses on the Postcode question.

All change for me.

I had a 30D X3 M Sport on order via Uk Car Discount. I was aware when I placed the order that it was quite possible that the order might go south. So I was not surprised that after 4 months I had the 'we are sorry but BMW have removed out allocation letter' from Uk Car Discount along with my deposit back to the Credit Card.

If the car had come through I would have got a good discount, but I am not surprised that the order failed.

Tried again with many dealers in the south of England but the max I could get was 2.6%.

Checked on the demo cars and found a 30D M Sport the right colour, with the features I wanted and not too many features I didn't need/want.

The car was first registered mid Jan 2012 (MY2012) with 1,000 miles on the clock at an effective discount of 10.6%.

The part exchange I received was at the top end of my hopes.

Tried the car today and committed. It is being delivered on Friday.

I am well pleased.
Alpine White, Black Leather, HUD, Auto, Pro media, Visibility, Climate Comfort,Storage, Cold weather Packs, Pro Loudspeaker system, Sun Protection Glass, Electric Adjust Front Seats, Reversing Camera with Top View, 19" 309's,Variable Damper Control,Variable sport steering, Sports Seats, Sports Steering Wheel. Re-ordered 27/7/11, Arrived 28/9/11
Appreciate 0