05-06-2014, 11:55 AM   #2
Mr Mech
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 X3 x35i Alpine/Black

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M3PIMP View Post
Long story short, my dealership is willing to take $700 off of my maintenance upgrade cost. Instead of $2300 it will cost only $1600. This maintenance upgrade includes annual service, oil changes, fluid flushes, oxygen sensors, belts, wiper blades, brake pads and rotors, and tuneups for 2 additional years or up to 100,000 miles.
They say the offer is only good for 30 days, so it will be full price or more expensive later down the line. Is this worth it? I am not afraid to do work on the car myself, but I'm not too sure what the annual service and tuneups entail or whether or not I can do them myself.
What do you guys think?
The cynic in me seems to think that if the dealership is offering it to you, it’s in their best interest. I skipped the maintenance upgrade on my 335 and over the course of a year I paid for one oil change from an outside BMW mechanic that cost $130. The brakes, O2 sensors, belts, etc. never needed to be changed, but the brakes were getting close. If you are familiar will how to change pads and rotors, it can be done for under $500 and a few hours of your time.
Appreciate 0